They've Got Moxie

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Get The Moxie Look: Latin GaGa

SO, I'm sitting on the couch relaxing with my sister, while my Godson is taking a long and extremely rare daytime nap... 
Sis: *as we are catching up on our fave reality shows* So I was at work, and I saw this beautifully ethereal pic of the Gaga (we LOVE HER btw), I think its the look I want to do for this weekend's wedding...DO IT ON ME!
Me: OKAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! *as I pop up from the sofa, like someone said there's free MAC products in the kitchen* (mind you my sis pretty much OWNS in the beauty department, so I hardly get the chance to "paint her face" hahah)
  
First off, let me start by saying my sister usually falls under a NC35, Lady Gaga looks like she's naturally a C2/NC25, on the MAC skin spectrum, so certain products won't read the same on both. Here's what MAC suggests Gaga is wearing in her newest Viva Glam Ad:
On my sis, I ended up creating a more "wearable" look, being that she was thinking about wearing it out to a daytime wedding and she's a brunette. Since Gaga's Viva Glam 2 campaign launched I've seen a bazillion blog posts on this look, this is just my take on it. 

What I used (all products MAC unless noted):
Face:
-Studio Moisture Fix mixed with Strobe Liquid
-Premium Triple Cream (around the eyes)
-Amazing Cosmetics Concealer (super blended)
-NO FOUNDATION, I hate her for her perfect skin! LMAO
-Prep+Prime Transparent Finishing Powder
Cheeks:
-Physicians Formula Powder Palette Bronzer (for contouring)
-Tenderling Blush throughout & Pinch O' Peach Blush (on the apples)
Eyes:
-Untitled Paint (from lid to brow)
-Brows Dipdown Fluidline (for definition), Cork eyeshadow (for filler)
-Highlight Brule eyeshadow, Mylar eyeshadow (tracing under the brow)
-Crease I mixed Girlie and Haux eyeshadows
-Lid NYX Cosmetics Eye Shadow Base in White, Gleam eyeshadow (scrapped off so its chunky)
-Inner Lid Vanilla Pigment
-Upper Liner NYC Liquid Liner in Black
-Lower Liner Graphic Brown Fluidline, Swiss Chocolate and Handwritten eyeshadows
-Waterline Fascinating Eye Kohl
-Lashes Cover Girl Lash Blast (she's a huge fan)
-Faux Lash #3 Lash stacked on the ends with Love & Beauty Full False Lashes (cut in half)
Lips:
-Viva Glam Gaga 2 Lipstick
-Smashbox Lip Gloss in Champagne

Off to put some goodies together for my 100+ follower giveaway, thanks for all the love!

1 comment: